JOIN THE TASTING TOUR TEAM
SQUAMISH TASTING TOUR GUIDE
Are you a people person with a knack for artful storytelling? Do you enjoy entertaining guests over great food and great wine? Are you passionate about sharing local culture and traditions? If this is you, then you’re the one we’re looking for. Join us at the Squamish Tasting Tours and be one of our exceptional tour guides who lead our guests around the wonderful community of Squamish.
As a Squamish Tasting Tour Guide, you are to create memorable guest experiences that lead to continued visitation of our Squamish community. To achieve this primary goal, you must:
- Greet and welcome guests
- Inform guests about the itinerary and tour highlights
- Gather and maintain necessary equipment before each tour
- Ensure itineraries and tour timelines are met to comply with our restaurant reservations
- Ensure all restaurants are aware of the dietary requirements of every guest
- Make certain that each guest is served the correct dish
- Inform and educate guests about Squamish, partnering restaurants, and the local cuisine
- Monitor guests to ensure compliance with all health and safety protocols
- Ensure the safety of the group and that tour groups remain together
- Address and deal with guest concerns and complaints with utmost professionalism
- Check that all restaurant bills reflect the correct amount
- Collate and submit all bills to the Tasting Tours management for record-keeping purposes
We’re looking for candidates who are confident, fun, energetic, and reliable. Food and beverage experience, especially wine knowledge, gives you an edge. So do exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Meet the rest of the requirements and you’re one more step closer to being part of our team.
- Residency in Squamish for at least 6 months, but ideally over a year
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Flexible schedule with work availability on evenings and weekends
- Commitment to 2-3 shifts per week for 4pm – 8pm dinner tours
Pay rate and sales commissions are on a sliding scale based on total tours guided. We value your time and effort, so we make sure you receive a competitive remuneration package.
Aside from your basic wage, we offer commissions and incentives based on your performance. The key metrics used in assessing your performance include:
- Guest Reviews and Ratings
- Package Upsell Ratio
- Monthly Quiz Results
- Tours Completed
ABOUT SQUAMISH TASTING TOURS
Tasting Tours was started by two long time friends, and culinary enthusiasts in 2008. They had extensive experience traveling the world, but always arrived in new places and never knowing where to dine. So they thought: “Wouldn’t it be great to have a local guide take visitors around to all the best restaurants in one night!” It was at this very moment that the idea of Tasting Tours was born.
Knowing we have a great tour format & that Squamish has an abundance of fantastic restaurants, it is the perfect place to expand our operations and to start a program that allows people to really explore the Squamish food & beverage scene. Having now hosted thousands of guests on our tours in Squamish, we strive to provide the same unique dining experiences and outstanding service that consistently exceeds client expectations in Squamish.
We live by a simple philosophy: Good Food. Good Wine. Good People. Good Times.
Our Core Values
Community, Discovery, Passion, Fun
Our Mission and Vision
Officially designated as part of the Signature Experience Collection by the Canadian Tourism Commission, our Tasting Tours strives to provide exceptional service that consistently exceeds client expectations. Our continued vision is to become British Columbia’s #1 Food Experience. We also aspire to become a top-tier sponsor, supporter, and advocate of local foundations & charities.
SHARE OUR VISION, BE PART OF THE SQUAMISH TEAM
If you believe in our philosophy, values, share our vision, and want to be a part of the Whistler Tasting Tours team, email your resume to [email protected]